Happy New Year, Knitters!
It’s that time of year again to renew your membership in the Knitting Guild. What makes a guild like ours different from information knitting groups? Established programs that foster the learning of the craft and a community that sustains knitting knowledge. We’ve already starting planning programs for 2016, such as:
– Knitting with Fabric
– Annual Yarn Swap
– Reports from Knitting Travel
– Knitting Techniques Fair
– Focus on Sweaters
– Annual Book Sale
– Annual Holiday Party, Gift Exchange, and Silent Auction
– And more
And again this year we’ll have additional activities for members:
– Knitting Workshop on Sequence Knitting with Cecilia Campochiara, April 2
– Knitting at the Santa Cruz County Fair in September
– Weekend Knitting Retreat in San Juan Bautista, September 23-25
– One-day Knitting Retreats
As you can see, there’s lots of reasons to start or sustain your membership. Dues this year are $36 which cover the rent and insurance for two meeting places and guest speakers.
Bring your cash or check (made out to Knitting Guild of Santa Cruz) to one of the January meetings, or mail to:
Susan Martinez, 1517 Delaware Avenue, Santa Cruz, CA 95060
We hope to see many of you at our first meeting of the year, either the evening of January 12 at 6:30PM or the morning of January 21 at 10:AM, or both, for those who just can’t get enough of each other and the programs.