Lots going on at the February meeting and you won’t want to miss it. This is a 3-in-1 meeting: Three activities all in one meeting. Read on:
1) Annual Knitting Guild Yarn Swap
Was your New Year’s resolution to clean up your yarn stash? Good, because now you can swap for more. There’s no such thing as too much yarn! Welcome to: The Knitting Guild Annual Yarn Swap.
Here’s how the swap will work:
– If you have yarn that you no longer want or know you won’t use and you want to simply give it away or swap for something else, that yarn will go on the “free for swap” table. [Please bring a reasonable amount; this isn’t the place to unload.]
– Depending on how many people want to participate in the “free for swap” table, we’ll draw numbers to make sure everyone has a chance to find a yarn she might like.
– Don’t have any yarns to bring? That’s OK. After yarn contributors swap, the table will be open for others to review. Whatever unwanted yarn is left at the end will be donated to charity (or if your yarn wasn’t swapped, you can take it back if you want).
– Have some yarn that you’d like to sell? That’s OK, too. Simply mark the skeins with your name and the price and those yarns will be available for anyone at the meeting to purchase from you directly. So bring cash or a checkbook if you think you might be purchasing yarn. All money transactions are done independent of the Guild.
Following the yarn swap:
2) UFO Challenge
We all have at least one: An Unfinished Object (or UFO). Some of us have more than one or even several. Here’s a New Year Challenge: Pick one of your UFOs and plan to finish it by July 2016. Bring your UFO to the February meeting and tell us about it: What is it and how long has it been a UFO? Is there a problem, or why did you lose interest? Do you need help with it, or would you like to get together with others to solve your problem? There’s no shame in UFOs! Join the pledge to finish at least one this year!
3) February Lady Sweater Knit-Along
Did you participate in the Guild’s second annual KAL, the February Lady Sweater? Well, it’s February and time to show off the results. If you finished, great! Wear your sweater to the meeting. But don’t worry if you’re still working on it. After all, some are still working on last year’s KAL, the Baby Surprise Jacket. Bring in whatever you want to share.
The NIGHT MEETING will be on Tuesday evening, February 9, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. in the Fireside Room at St. Stephen’s Lutheran Church, 2500 Soquel Ave.
The DAY MEETING will be on Thursday, February 18, from 10:15 a.m. to 12:15 at Vintage Faith Church (aka The Abbey), the large brick church at the corner of Mission and Highland.
From Highway 1 North, Highland is the first right after the light at the top of the hill where Highway 1 merges into Mission Street. Parking lot is the first right turn off Highland.
From Highway 1 (Mission Street) South, turn left at the light on Walnut to Escalona. Turn right on Escalona to its end at Highland. Parking lot is across Highland. Enter through the Office; our meeting is straight ahead in The Fireside Room.