Current members are invited, but if you aren’t you can join up at the party!!
Knitting Guild of Santa Cruz
Tuesday, December 13, 6:00 p.m.
St. Stephen’s Lutheran Church (see directions below)
We will enjoy our usual fabulous pot luck dinner, conduct a very brief (!!) business meeting, and then have our annual holiday gift exchange! And featuring again this year: Silent Auction (details below). Plus this year we are including a holiday charity drive: Bring a knitted chemo cap made from soft, non-animal fibers.
5:30 Setup (volunteers welcome, party starts at 6:00)
6:00-7:00 Potluck Dinner – Bidding for Silent Auction begins
7:00-7:15 Annual meeting
7:15-8:00 Gift exchange – Silent Auction closes
8:00-8:30 Cleanup (we have to be cleaned up and out by 8:30, so volunteers to help will be greatly appreciated!)
– Bring something scrumptious for the pot luck dinner. We’re not keeping track of who’s bringing what…if there are too many desserts, well, is that really such a bad thing? Finger foods work well. Plates and utensils, cups and napkins and beverages (alcoholic and otherwise) are provided, but if your dish needs a serving spoon bring one with your name on it. Note: St. Stephen’s has allowed us access to their kitchen, but it is not adjacent to our room.
– This party and meeting is the one time a year we limit it to members only. During our brief business meeting, we’ll elect officers for 2017 and vote on a couple of minor changes to our bylaws.
– For our annual gift exchange, bring a knitting-related gift. If new, don’t spend more than $15, but re-gifting out of your stash or library (nice quality, of course) works, too. As we’ve done before, we’ll have a hilarious game that will result in swapping gifts. If you don’t know what this means, come and find out!
– We will feature again a Silent Auction of fabulous, high quality yarns in project-appropriate amounts. Here’s your chance to grab some fine yarns to give as gifts or just to pamper yourself. Be sure to bring cash or your checkbook. Proceeds from the sale of the yarn will support Guild educational programs.
– Note, too, that if you have your checkbook with you, this is the perfect time to pay your dues for 2017…still at the 2016 rate of $36.
Directions to St. Stephen’s Lutheran Church, 2500 Soquel Avenue, Santa Cruz: It’s between Pottery Planet and Jeffrey’s Restaurant on the same side of the street, the nearest freeway exit is Soquel Avenue/Drive. Enter the parking lot and go past the church to the back where the lot opens out. Enter the alcove where the two buildings meet and you will see the Fireside Room. [Note: Due to construction in the rear of the church, the parking lot is smaller and difficult in the dark. So use caution or maybe even bring a flashlight.]