On Tuesday, December 11 we will host our annual holiday party. Please remember that this meeting will be open only to members in good standing, with dues paid through December. This meeting is also our annual business meeting, and we will be voting on officers for the next year and any other items deemed appropriate, such as dues increase (none for 2019).
- Please bring a dish to share or a dessert to share and a serving utensil. Although there will be some drinks available, you will probably want to bring your own. Plates, cups and utensils will be provided.
- There will be two silent auctions conducted simultaneously.
- One will be for yarn that has been donated with the request that the proceeds go to the Jail Project.
- The second will be for yarn that has been donated for the benefit of the Knitting Guild.
All yarns are of desirable quality and quantity.
- Make it easy on Ava, our treasurer. Please bring your checkbooks to pay for:
- Dues for 2019 if you haven’t already paid.
- Any delinquent dues for 2018
- Silent auction purchases
- Any donations you wish to make for the St. Francis Retreat Center courtyard brick pavers for the new handicapped buildings.
- Now, the fun, in addition to the food.
- Please bring a $15 (max) wrapped gift to share.
- Mr. and Mrs. Wright have left the building. (I hear the hurrahs.)
- Numbers will be drawn for the gift exchange, and no stealing. Swapping is permitted, of course, after the drawing is complete.
- The party is a great time to meet members you do not know from the meeting you do not attend or who have not attended the retreat. It’s a lot of fun. If you need a ride, call a member. If you can give a ride, call another member. We share not just yarn.
Summary: 6:00 Tuesday evening, December 11. Bring food, serving spoon, your drink, gift max $15, and CHECKBOOK. Meet other knitters. Have fun.
Date and Location:
The MEETING will be on Tuesday evening, December 11, from 6:00 to 8:30 p.m. in the Fireside Room at St. Stephen’s Lutheran Church, 2500 Soquel Ave.
Hope to see you there!