There is still room. Hear an interview with her at cast-on.com
Who is JC Briar?
- Knitter She doesn’t spin, dye, or weave. Each day only has 24 hours and knitting alone offers countless avenues of exploration.
- Puzzle Solver She likes to ask questions, probe beyond the surface, and figure things out.
- Technique Freak You could call her a skill junkie. She collects knitting techniques like some people collect stamps.
- Author Charts Made Simple
- Teacher … of our next Guild Workshop
- When: April 19, 2014
- Where: United Way
- Cost: $35 per class
9:00 – 12:00 Disaster Recovery
Mistakes happen. Fortunately, knitters have an array of techniques for dealing with mistakes. Learn when and how to tink, drop, and frog. See how duplicate stitch can cover over goofs in colorwork. And pick up tips for avoiding mistakes in the first place.
12:00 – 1:00 Brown bag lunch for knitters from either workshop
1:00– 4:00 Slick Set-in Sleeves
Set-in sleeves give a sweater a crisp, tailored look–and for easy knitting, you just can’t beat sleeves knit from the top down. Pick up stitches from the body, shape the sleeve cap with short rows, and you avoid the bulk of a seam and the fuss of easing a sleeve cap into an armhole. Learn to adapt an existing pattern to this approach, or to design according to your measurements.
Want to attend?
Send your check made out to Santa Cruz Knitting Guild to Toni Campbell, 3665 N. Main St., Soquel, 95073. Indicate which workshop you want to attend. As with previous Guild workshops, the fee is not refundable but you can sell or give your spot to someone else. Space is limited to 20 knitters per workshop. Your check will be returned if the workshops are full when your check is received.