July Guild meetings will be here before we know it, and this month’s program(s) will be about Playing Around with Beads. Here’s what presenter Kathy Haber says about the program and about what to bring with you to the meeting, in order to be able to join in:
For our July program, Kathy Haber will be showing us various ways to
incorporate beads into knitting. Part of this program is based on Lily
Chin’s book, Knitting and Crocheting with Beads. To participate, bring along:
- small amount fine, smooth yarn
- knitting needles to give a good gauge with this yarn
- a crochet hook the same size as the knitting needles (approx)
- a very tiny crochet hook, if you have one
- any beads you may have. Must have a pretty large hole.
- very good quality sewing/quilting thread
- small tapestry needle or beading needle.
- Most important of all, bring a sense of adventure!!
We will work up a small square sampler using various techniques.
See you in July.
The NIGHT MEETING will be on Tuesday evening, July 8, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. in the Fireside Room at St. Stephen’s Lutheran Church, 2500 Soquel Ave.
The DAY MEETING will be on Thursday, July 17, from 10 a.m. to noon at Holy Cross Church in Santa Cruz, in the meeting room by the gym, toward the back of the complex.
Hope you can make it,